GAMBIT is now accepting applications for a new research and development staff position beginning in March 2009. The Audio Director will:
- direct conceptual design, composition, and engineering of sound requirements for game prototypes;
- assist and mentor multiple game development teams of graduate and undergraduate student research assistants over the summer to help them design and develop small game prototypes;
- liaise and coordinate with audio and music students and faculty from other institutions to further support development of small game prototypes;
- work with teams of graduate students, postdocs, and professional research associates developing individual casual games to be deployed over online channels or mobile devices, participating in meetings over fall, winter, and spring;
- coordinate maintenance and use of musical instruments, audio recording, and editing equipment with technical staff;
- make recommendations for new equipment procurement with systems administrator; establish, teach, and refine best practices in game development, audio design, and music composition with multiple teams on ongoing research projects;
- host discussions on audio tools and aesthetics;
- conduct instructional seminars with students and researchers.
Click here for more requirements, estimated pay rates and application instructions.
MIT is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and strongly encourages the applications of women and members of minority groups.