Philip and Eitan's talks are as follows:
Steal This Idea!
Philip Tan, US Executive Director, Singapore-MIT GAMBIT Game Lab
Are you wrestling with pipelines? Managing multiple projects? Designing emotional games? Or just looking for a different way to play? Games developed by the Singapore-MIT GAMBIT Game Lab challenge assumptions about how games "should" be designed, developed, and played. We'll demonstrate a few of them and describe opportunities for intrepid teams that want to rethink their game development processes and methodologies.
Rapid and Iterative Prototyping, or How to Rip Off Dinosaur Comics
Eitan Glinert, Founder and Creative Director, Fire Hose Games
Ethan Fenn, Programmer, Fire Hose Games
You want to make a game, but you're missing an artist, you don't have the design nailed down, you need to find funding, and you don't know what platform you're going to develop for. How do you even start? With prototyping! In this energetic talk we'll walk through the iterative rapid prototyping process we went through making our first title, and we'll demo builds created along the way to highlight key points. The lessons we'll cover are geared towards new developers figuring out how to get off the ground, but we'll have plenty of tips for more seasoned industry vets.
Other speakers currently scheduled to appear at the conference include:
- Dallas Snell, Co-Founder of Origin Systems Austin
- Vladimir Starzhevsky, Co-Founder and CEO of Creat Studios, Inc.
- Brett Close, President and CEO of 38Studios
- Norma Crippen, VP of Executive Recruiting and Client Services at the Mary-Margaret Network
- Darius Kazemi from Orbus Gameworks
- Steve Meretzky, VP of Game Design at Playdom
- Judy Tyrer, Networking Engineer at Red Storm Entertainment
- Duncan Watt, Founder and Creative Director of Fastestmanintheworld
See you there!