The Singapore-MIT GAMBIT Game Lab (GAMBIT) is looking for a research executive who will be responsible for building relationships between researchers/Institutions of Higher Learning (IHLs) in Singapore, and coordinating various research activities. As the key liaison person, he/she will drive the call for proposals (research in games), as well as, evaluate proposals and recommendations.
- Key liaison person between research institutions/organizations, and GAMBIT Singapore to coordinate visiting graduate students researchers between Singapore and MIT labs
- Strengthen existing relationships and build collaborations between institutes of higher learning in Singapore and MIT
- Research coordinator in charge of managing research activities under the Singapore lab and overseeing various research proposals (including the call for proposal, selecting good proposals, and evaluating recommendations from a review panel)
- Propose and implement plans to create a systemic and sustainable network of game researchers to develop GAMBIT as a research and development hub regionally by 2011
- Communicate GAMBIT mission and work closely with local and overseas researchers to form strategic partnerships to steer research efforts
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree holder in Computer Science is preferred
- Research knowledge in areas of games or gaming technology, with technical background and understanding of the role of game in research, education etc.
- Good analytical and organizing skills, with the ability to multi-task on various projects and work independently
- Independent team-player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong interest in games a plus
How to Apply
The closing date for this position is 1 February 2010.
Interested applicants should submit the relevant documents:
- Cover letter and resume
- Expected salary and earliest start date
- Demo materials/portfolio/links showing related work experiences in games or media
- References and testimonials
Please send all submissions to the following address:
|gambitsg AT gmail DOT com
|1 Coleman Street #09-06
Please indicate job position desired in your application email/mail package.
Successful applicants will be notified within one month of application. Thank you!